- With the pool still running, remove the skimmer lid.
- Check how high the debris build up in the skimmer is. If the debris is close to or past the top of the skimmer basket, manually remove it with your hands until the debris is at a minimum of a few inches below the top of the removable basket. This is done to ensure when we remove the basket no leaves spill out over the basket and get sucked into the circulation system.
- If you know how to, turn off your pool circulation system. If not, just be very careful with the next following steps.
- Remove the skimmer basket and empty it. It is important to not have any loose debris sucked into the skimmer line, as it can create a clog or build up in your system.
- If needed, hose any of the debris stuck within the plastic mesh of the basket, and then replace it back into the skimmer.
- Replace the lid to your skimmer, and if your turned off your circulation system, turn it back on.
Now look how more efficiently your pools skimmer will be pulling in water and removing newly added pool debris.
Not sure if you're doing it right? Contact us and we can easily let you know.
Web: www.ashleyspools.com | Phone: (407)490-2509 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org